- Speaker Approval - Some diocese require approval before promotion can begin. If you require a letter of good standing or proof of safe environment training, please let us know ASAP. My pastor, Fr. Chuck Edwards regularly writes these and one can be requested by contacting his secretary, Peggy Clough (email@example.com). The phone number for my home parish (St. Anthony of Padua in Effingham, IL) is 217.347.7129
- Standard promotion - This includes announcing in the bulletin for 4 weeks prior, pulpit announcements 2 weeks prior, and posters on the doors or bulletin boards of the church. Please print full-color posters. They can usually be printed at places like Office Max for around $1 for an 11 X 17 color copy. (price will vary based on thickness of paper, etc)
- Personal Invitation at Masses - If your concert is scheduled on a weekend, then Michael can play a communion meditation at each Mass and personally invite the congregation to the concert (this is brief, under 60 seconds). It is helpful for our ministry if we can also be allowed to sell our CDs and other merchandise after these Masses. We have seen a significant increase in attendance in parishes where Michael gives a personal invitation.
- Alternate Mass Invitation - Recently, parishes have invited Michael to provide liturgical music for all the Masses and they have offered to take up a second collection for the ministry. This arrangement works out great for us as well. Michael, Gabriella, Trinity, and Charity have a nice, acoustic sound that is appropriate for liturgy and uses the church's existing sound system. (We understand that parish cultures vary. Some parishes avoid sales, while second collections are common. Other parishes avoid second collections, but sales are common. Please make a recommendation that works for your parish)
- Social Media - Consider using various social media (Facebook, Twitter, Email Blasts, etc...) to make an event and spread the word! You can link to this playlist of "Between the Lines" interviews build interest online.
- Video - Music is hard to portray in text. Play Michael's music videos and recorded music to let people know what style of music the concert will be.
- Radio - Almost every radio station has a community calendar that will announce the time and location of any local event.
- School Concerts - If you have a Catholic school, Michael can perform for the school during the same day as the concert (or Monday following)as long as the two concerts are done in the same location and require just one set up. We typically recommend a donation of $2 per student.
- Collaborate - Personally invite the leaders of other church groups (Men's Prayer Group, Mom's Group, Youth Ministry, Religious Education, Music Ministry, etc). Are they willing to sponsor a portion of the concert by providing food or a service? If the boy scouts come and set up chairs, that means that they will be attending and talking about the event.
- Invite outsiders. Do you have a good relationship with other churches in the area? Can you announce in their bulletins? Do ministries ever collaborate together? Ask the leaders to commit to bringing a group of people.
- Local Newspapers - Here is a press release you can share with a local newspaper to promote the evening concert.
Here is a sample newsletter / bulletin announcement :
This weekend , Michael James Mette will be sharing his music with our community. Michael is a Catholic performing artist who travels the country with his wife of 18 years, Michelle and their seven young children : Gabby (14), Trinity (12), Charity (10), Cecilia (9), Michael Jr. (8), Truman (3), and Fidelity (1). His music is a modern reflection of his faith blending alternative rock with faith based lyrics. The concert will be 90 minutes and will include performances from the whole family, lights, video, music and testimonies. Please consider attending the concert and supporting this ministry.